The 2019 Mosaic Festival of Arts and Culture kicks off on August 30th with our premiere film festival. Taking place at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21, this film festival will be a forum for filmmakers from Atlantic Canada and beyond to share their experiences, their journeys and their cultural identities. The winning filmmakers and films will be selected by the programming committee led by Israel Ekanem. The selected films will be screened on August 30th where winning creators and films in the different categories will be awarded and recognized.
How to participate:
To submit a film to the Mosaic Festival of Arts and Culture, please do so through our FilmFreeway link below. Be sure to take note of the guidelines also listed below.
Awards will be given to winners in these Categories
- Best Feature Film
- Best Short Film
- Best International Feature film
- Best International Short film
- Best Actor in an International Short Film
- Best Actor in a Short Film
- Best Director Short Film
- Best Original Music
- Best Screenplay Feature Film
- Best Screenplay Short Film
- Best Screenplay International Feature Film
- Best Screenplay International Short Film
Entry submission will open on the 14th of January
- January 14th , 2019 – Opening date
- March 30th , 2019 – Early Bird deadline
- April 30th , 2019 – Regular deadline
- June 1st , 2019 – Late deadline
- July 20th , 2019 – Notification date
- August 30th , 2019 – Mosaic Film Festival
Mosaic Film Festival Guidelines:
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- Short film entries must be under 30 minutes in length
- Films must be submitted via online screener.
- All submissions must have been completed after 1 January 2016
- Works-in-progress and films with distribution are accepted.
- The Mosaic Film Festival places no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
- More than one entry may be submitted, and each must be submitted separately.
- Awards and Official Selections are based on overall merits of the films and are at the sole discretion of the jury and programming committee. All decisions of programmers are final.
- All FilmFreeway submissions for the Mosaic Film Festival are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is non-refundable.
- Waiver codes for Maritime filmmakers, email us for a waiver code email@example.com
- Entrants agree to indemnify and hold us, including our volunteers, our directors, and our sponsors and affiliates harmless against all claims arising out of entry or participation in The Mosaic Film Festival.
- We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.
- By submitting to the Mosaic Film Festival, I confirm that I have read and accepted the terms and regulations of the Mosaic Film Festival. I will provide the festival with any additional information required pursuant to these rules and regulations. I authorize the Mosaic Film Festival to exhibit my film, and if selected, I confirm that an exhibition copy will be available in a required format for screening during the 2019 festival (August 30th, 2019). I certify that I hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film/video to the Mosaic Film Festival and that all rights and clearances have been made. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. I hold Mosaic Film Festival harmless from damage to, or loss of any or all materials en route to, from or otherwise at the festival. I assume all legal responsibilities therein. By Agreeing to these terms, I transfer to Mosaic Film Festival the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the 2019 festival, and for other non-commercial uses related to the promotion of the 2019 festival. I hereby agree to indemnify Mosaic Film Festival, in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred.